The "How Screwed Is The Gulf" Meter

I found this fascinating, yet depressing little tool over there at PBS. I don't know if there is an official name for this, but I like to think of it as the "We're Effed" widget. Slide that little box underneath where it says "Adjust Leak Rate" if you'd like to see the damage based upon the different estimates by various entities with their heads up their arses. If you'd like this whole gallons thing translated into barrels, you're going to have to do the math on your own. But I will tell you that there are 42 gallons of oil in a barrel. Oil prices, as of the writing of this post, are around $75-$77 per barrel. You're going to have to do that math as well. Oh, and the wanting to hang yourself after you get a clearer picture of how much crap is leaking into our precious ocean? Yeah, you're on your own there. But I could probably tell you where to get a good deal on some rope.
Yahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.NetBritish Blogs