Butter Bell

I saw a butter bell for the first time last Saturday. Never seen or heard of one before.


You take softened butter and press it into the bell. Put cool water in the dish and upend the bell into the water creating a seal that keeps air out of the crock. This allows you to keep your butter on the counter so it stays soft. Interesting idea.



I got on Amazon and found varying prices averaging between $9 to $20. I love the idea of having the soft butter always available but I wanted to try it "on the cheap". So I came up with my own idea. I bought a small herbal size flower pot for $1and a flat bottomed bowl for $ .50 at a thrift store. So, for $1.50 I had a homemade butter bell. I started using it Monday and it's working great!


Yahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.NetBritish Blogs