Talented Tuesday - Sewing

Talented Tuesday is a daily blogging prompt used by many genealogy bloggers to help them post content on their sites. Got ancestors who had a special talent? Be it musical, comical, or any manner of skill, we post it on our genealogy blog through words and pictures.

In my family, the women were sewers. My Mother, both my Grandmothers, almost all of my Aunts could sew. They sewed their own clothes, trouseaus, clothes for their children and quilts. My sister, Melinda has picked up their sewing talent.

Here is one of the many quilts/quilt tops/quilt squares that I have. Each square is a signature of one of my family.







Here is an outfit made for me.


I still have this little outfit.



Mom made this little dress for my youngest sister, Melinda.



My Grandma, Vivian Mae Barnes Huneycutt, made this purple dress with the beading at the neck. I still have it.



Mom made this lovely blue dress in the 1970's.



I always wanted to be able to sew. But it just hasn't come through for me. I have a sewing machine and can sew a straight stitch, load thread, change needles, load bobbins. I can make some simple things like pillows, curtains. My sister, Elaine, can do simple repairs and make things like her dog belly bands. Our sister, Melinda, really has the talent. She makes dog coats, belly bands, dog beds and other craft things.




















For your own custom made dog coats you can contact her at heart4rescue@wmconnect.com
Yahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.NetBritish Blogs